VTCT LEVEL 3 DIPLOMA IN AROMATHERAPY
VTCT REF (AC30404)
15 days or 30 evenings, plus Exam day
COST £1800 (includes tuition fees, all assessments, VTCT Fees, exams and 12 sessions of Anatomy and physiology)
Balances may be paid via Interest-free monthly payments.
Pay up front in full for this course and save 10% (SAVE £180)
Maximum students per Workshop: 6 (Why is this?)
Dates – Course Dates and Costs
Successful completion of this qualification will enable you to practice professionally.
This qualification will develop your knowledge and understanding of the principles and practice, and business practice for complementary therapies.
This is a Practitioner Level Qualification.
- History of complementary therapies
- Legislative requirements
- Good clinical practice
- Researching a business concept
- Preparing a business plan
- Setting up a business
- The organization of the body
- The anatomy, physiology and pathologies of each system of the body
Please note: This unit is not covered during the 15 days scheduled. You will need to attend the Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology sessions go to Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology
- Preparation of working area, self and client
- Health and Safety
- The consultation process
- Carrier oils – their properties, how to select a carrier oil.
- Essential oils – their properties, selecting and blending for individual clients
- Application and uses of techniques, effleurage, petrissage, vibrations, passive movements, pressure points, lymphatic drainage.
- Application of these techniques in massage of back, abdomen, legs and feet, neck and shoulders, face, scalp, and full body.
- Correct posture in applying massage to prevent long term injury as a therapist
- Benefits of Aromatherapy
- Contra – indications to Aromatherapy
- After-care of client
- Adaptation of massage to suit the individual
- Reflect on practice
HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED?
- Continuous assessment by means of written homework, assignments and home practice in the form of case studies.
- Internal assessment – involves tests and practical observations.
- The course culminates in a final examination involving a practical observation of the Therapy on a client of your choice.
- Case Studies – there are 60 sessions required.
- Massages – minimum of 6 people x 6 times
Other useful information:
This is simply to ensure that all students get as much time and attention as possible from their teacher. The same applies to all other workshops at Greenhouse Therapies. We update the course dates and costs page regularly and note next to each course/workshop date when it is full. To avoid disappointment, we suggest that you secure your place on your chosen workshop or course by either paying a deposit (if applicable) or the full price.
Finally – THANK YOU! for choosing Greenhouse Therapies as your VTCT Approved Training Provider: We are looking forward to teaching you and helping you move forward in your chosen career – you have chosen well!
Here are some products which we recommend for this course:
Greenhouse Holistic Therapies & Sports VTCT Accredited Training Centre 40 Parkgate Road, Chester. CH14AJ Tel 01244 637851 Holistic Complementary Alternative Therapies Massage Sports Therapy and Reiki Training Courses at Introductory Accredited and Professional levels