The following applies for all F.H.T monthly talks:
– Held at Greenhouse Therapies (40 Parkgate Road, Chester, CH14AJ).
– On the last Friday of every month.
– Arrive at 7:00pm for tea and biscuits.
– Talk at 7:30 – 10pm
– FHT members= £4
– Non – FHT members = £6
– You will need to book
Phone: 01244 637851
An example of a previous F.H.T talk held at Greenhouse Therapies…
LOOKING AFTER YOUR THERAPY HANDS – Hannah Williams (Occupational Therapist)
I am a registered Occupational Therapist with over 10 years experience. I have been work within the specialist area of Hand Therapy for the past 2 years. I currently specialise in orthopaedics, treating people following surgical intervention and helping people to conservatively manage chronic conditions affecting the hands.
On a day to day basis my job involves;
• Working closely with hand surgeons, nursing staff and physiotherapists.
• Carrying out detailed assessments of patients, including taking a history of presenting symptoms, assessing range of movement of the hand, oedema, manual muscle testing, sensory testing, and hand function.
• Developing tailored treatment plans with the patient based on their presentation and goals.
• Treatment of oedema, stiffness, pain, wound and scar management, and reduced range of movement.
• Providing research led exercise programmes, activity modification, joint protection advice and splinting.
I am fascinated by the intricacies of the human hand and what our hands mean to us. Our hands are central to what we do on a day to day basis. We need our hands to help us with very simple day to day activities like eat, get dressed, wash, and get us to work. As a massage therapists your hands are how you make a living, they define who you are and how you live. It is therefore vital that you learn to look after your hands and thumbs.
In this workshop we will review the anatomy and physiology of the hands and in particular the thumb joints. We will look at common conditions affecting the thumbs including spotting signs and symptoms early. We will go through some core practical strategies to protect your thumb joints including some exercises to help manage your symptoms and prolong the ‘life’ of your thumbs.
Got a question about one of the talks?
Phone: 01244 637851