VTCT LEVEL 3 DIPLOMA IN AROMATHERAPY
VTCT REF (AC30404)
15 days or 30 evenings, plus Exam day
COST £1500 (includes tuition fees, all assessments, VTCT Fees, exams and 12 sessions of Anatomy and physiology) + VAT (20%)
Balances may be paid via Interest-free monthly payments.
Pay up front in full for this course and save 10% (SAVE £150)
Dates – Course Dates and Costs
This qualification will develop your knowledge and understanding of the principles and practice, and business practice for complementary therapies.
This is a Practitioner Level Qualification.
- History of complementary therapies
- Legislative requirements
- Good clinical practice
- Researching a business concept
- Preparing a business plan
- Setting up a business
- The organization of the body
- The anatomy, physiology and pathologies of each system of the body
Please note: This unit is not covered during the 15 days scheduled. You will need to attend the Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology sessions go to Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology
- Preparation of working area, self and client
- Health and Safety
- The consultation process
- Carrier oils – their properties, how to select a carrier oil.
- Essential oils – their properties, selecting and blending for individual clients
- Application and uses of techniques, effleurage, petrissage, vibrations, passive movements, pressure points, lymphatic drainage.
- Application of these techniques in massage of back, abdomen, legs and feet, neck and shoulders, face, scalp, and full body.
- Correct posture in applying massage to prevent long term injury as a therapist
- Benefits of Aromatherapy
- Contra – indications to Aromatherapy
- After-care of client
- Adaptation of massage to suit the individual
- Reflect on practice
HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED?
- Continuous assessment by means of written homework, assignments and home practice in the form of case studies.
- Internal assessment – involves tests and practical observations.
- The course culminates in a final examination involving a practical observation of the Therapy on a client of your choice.
- Case Studies – there are 60 sessions required.
- Massages – minimum of 6 people x 6 times