VTCT LEVEL 3 DIPLOMA IN AROMATHERAPY
VTCT REF (AC30404)
15 days or 30 evenings, plus Exam day
COST £1800 (includes VAT, all tuition, VTCT Fees, assessments and 12 sessions of Anatomy and physiology).
Balances may be paid via Interest-free monthly payments
Entry qualifications: Please see below
Dates – Course Dates and Costs
The VTCT Level 3 Diploma in Aromatherapy (QCF) is a preparation for work qualification that has been designed to prepare you for a career as an Aromatherapy Therapist / Practitioner.
This qualification will develop your knowledge and understanding of the principles and practice, and business practice for complementary therapies.
You will also develop your understanding and practical skills to competently provide Aromatherapy services.
This is a Practitioner Level Qualification.
Units within this qualification have been mapped to the relevant National Occupational Standards (NOS) and the qualification is accredited on the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) as well as being approved and supported by Skills for Health (the sector skills council for health).
This is a 4 unit diploma, the 4 units are:
1: PRINCIPLES AND PRACTICE OF COMPLEMENTARY THERAPIES including:
- History of complementary therapies
- Legislative requirements
- Good clinical practice
2: BUSINESS PRACTICE FOR COMPLEMENTARY THERAPIES including:
- Researching a business concept
- Preparing a business plan
- Setting up a business
3: KNOWLEDGE OF
ANATOMY, PHYSIOLOGY AND PATHOLOGY FOR COMPLEMENTARY THERAPIES
(Greenhouse Therapies offer this as a separate course) including:
- The organization of the body
- The anatomy, physiology and pathologies of each system of the body
Please note: This unit is not covered during the 15 days scheduled. You will need to attend the Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology sessions go to Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology
4: PROVIDE AROMATHERAPY FOR COMPLEMENTARY THERAPIES including:
- Preparation of working area, self and client
- Health and Safety
- The consultation process
- Carrier oils – their properties, how to select a carrier oil.
- Essential oils – their properties, selecting and blending for individual clients
- Application and uses of techniques, effleurage, petrissage, vibrations, passive movements, pressure points, lymphatic drainage.
- Application of these techniques in massage of back, abdomen, legs and feet, neck and shoulders, face, scalp, and full body.
- Correct posture in applying massage to prevent long term injury as a therapist
- Benefits of Aromatherapy
- Contra – indications to Aromatherapy
- After-care of client
- Adaptation of massage to suit the individual
- Reflect on practice
HOW WILL I BE ASSESSED?
- Continuous assessment by means of written homework, assignments and home practice in the form of case studies.
- Internal assessment – involves tests and practical observations.
- The course culminates in a final examination involving a practical observation of the Therapy on a client of your choice.
- Case Studies – there are 60 sessions required.
- Massages – minimum of 6 people x 6 times
The remaining 24 sessions will consist of massages, inhalations, compresses, blending of creams.
Case studies may only be started with the permission of the tutor (usually after the pre-formative assessment).
This course can be completed and Qualifications attained within 4 – 6 months + Final exam (days) or 6 – 12months + Final exam (evenings 6-9pm).
Entry qualifications: Greenhouse Therapies ‘Introduction to Aromatherapy’ or VTCT ‘Level 2 Certificate in Holistic Therapies’ or equivalent, or VTCT ‘Level 3 in Body/Swedish Massage’ or an equivalent.
Finally – THANK YOU! for choosing Greenhouse Therapies as your VTCT Approved Training Provider: We are looking forward to teaching you and helping you move forward in your chosen career – you have chosen well!
Greenhouse Holistic Therapies & Sports
VTCT Accredited Training Centre
40 Parkgate Road, Chester. CH14AJ Tel 01244 637851
Holistic Complementary Alternative Therapies Massage Sports Therapy and Reiki Training Courses at Introductory Accredited and Professional levels